Saturday, June 14, 2008

New beginnings

I had taken a charcoal class with Eriks grandmother and a couple of other ladies. It was so much fun! I made a discovery that i love love love charcoal! This is a picture of my undeniably adorable nephew Parker. For the class we took in one picture that we wanted to do and we worked on it for the whole span of the class. It is very interesting how each persons personality would come out when they were doing art. One woman was very critical of herself, one was very queen to detail, some worked fast and others worked slow. I think that in each piece of art, there is a piece of the artist instilled in it.

3 comments:

Romi said...

This is really good! How did you make the hair look so real??

Erik and Amanda said...

The trick is to make all of the hair dark and then pull the individual hairs out with an eraser. It is actually quite easy if you would like me to show you sometime!

andrea said...

Was the critical one my Grandma? She never can just say...wow this looks good, I did good! It cracks me up because everything she makes is amazing!