Saturday, June 14, 2008

Christmas Bliss

For Christmas Erik and I decided to do a very special project. We made stockings for all of my roommates. There was six of us, so there was plenty of sewing to do which definitaly made Erik happy. We had a misshap here and there, which is always the case when we sew, but they turned out very good overall. Eriks grandmother had a embroidering machine, so we stiched all of our names on our stockings. Each of the roommates put one present in each stocking to fill them up. I put chocolate bars in them. It seemed like a good thing to do, who doesn't like a good chocolate bar? If you note the fire place they are hanging above which was lit many times during the holiday season, yes those things get very hot, hot enough to melt even the best chocolate bars. So when we opened the bars instead of finding a nice firm beautifully shaped chocolate bar, there was just mush instead. Good thing they still taste the same no matter if it is the a solid or a liquid. I don't think it would taste as good in gas form...

3 comments:

Romi said...

I love these stockings!!! Where did you get the material? It makes me want to make my own as well!

Erik and Amanda said...

We just got it at Johanns fabric store, they had a christmas section. We just picked out fabric that would all work together and they all had the same fuzzy tops to bring unity.

andrea said...

I love these stockings, it makes me want a cup of hot chocolate :) When we come in July we need to do a craft!