Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cake Decorating

Several years ago my sister Katie took cake decorating courses at Michaels and became very good at it. Recently Kiersten, also my sister, purchased a cake decorating kit and wanted to learn how to use them. So we went over to Katie's and decorated some cakes.




This is the cake that I did. It turned out pretty well for my first lesson. But the purple stripe down the middle of a cake haunted me right from the moment I put it on there. But live and learn.

This is the cake that Katie did. Unfortunately I had to leave to go to work before she finished it, but it still looks really good. No wonder she is the master of cakes.




This is the cake that Kiersten made. She put on several bouquets of flowers after I left. It looked really good. Who knows, maybe cake decorating is an inherited trait!

No comments: