Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It Only Happens Once a Year

Oh yes it has happened, I have become one year older. Put one more ring around my tree trunk. For this year I did a slew of things spanning over several days. Who says a birthday can't last more than one day? So on Wednesday, my actaul day of birth (August 5), I went out to breakfast with some of my dear friends at Ihop. I was going to go somewhere else, which will remain nameless, but apparently Ihop is the place to go. It is a well known fact that I am a bit camera shy, so only one picture was taken to document it.

So on Friday the I had a little party. Invited to this party was Erik and his family of course. For the past 14 years of my life, whenever I had a Birthday party, it has always been a swim party. So for this year my mother through out having a pinata instead, mostly in a joking manner. But the idea really took flight and yes ended in having an actualy pinata at the party!

My nephew Parker came to the store with us to pick out the pinata. He instantly loved it and even tried to ride it in the store. We were worried that he would be devestated when we started to hit his new found friend until he split open. But there must be something about little boys, put a stick in their hand and their instincts take over. Exibit A:

And of course the night could not end without a little Guitar Hero.


No comments: